Tuesday, March 22

The Letter O - for Oreos

Yum. Oh wait... I mean YUM!

If you've been reading my blog lately, you'll see why I'm no skinny minnie. I love to cook and bake. And I love my discovery: The Picky Palate. She has an awesome website and she just loves to concoct her own treats. She made these things that she called Cookies and Cream Squares.

Like Oreos? yum. Like marshmallows? yum. Here is a twist on rice krispie treats that's sure to send the kids and grown-ups back for more. I made these into tiny 1 1/2 inch squares for the letter O day at Pre-K. I tried to convince my son to bring in an onion but he wasn't going for that. I just thought it woulda been hysterical for a kid to show up with an onion. I dunno why. lol

He decided to bring in his Thomas train because Thomas is the #1 engine. Get it? One - starts with an O. We're just so darned clever. ha.

Anyway... here they are. They look like dark brownies, but they are something else entirely. Try it, its easy and yummy.



It only takes like 10 mins and 3 ingredients.

1 bag Oreos
1 bag Jet puff marshmallows
2 T butter

Melt the marshmallows and butter in a bowl - about 45 seconds in the microwave.
Crush the oreos in a food processor.

Mix together.

pour into buttered pan to cool and set.

I added the extra touch of the drizzled glaze and candy pearls.

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts!

Scrapbook Pages

www.flickr.com

Sample Text