Monday, July 12

What??!? Get OUT - I Won a Lay Out of the Week??!?

Well, since my last post, I've been really amazed and humbled by the community of people who are on the digi-sites. I got 2 more layouts (LOs) submitted for Layout of the Day. Wow. Keep in mind, there are a few dozen layouts that people randomly find and post, but to have mine even viewed, I'm all a-giggle. (ok, don't throw up, I'm a little giddy cuz its all new... and cuz I'm me. lol) I have to admit, every time I see a comment to one of my LOs, I grin. And, stepping back a little, I never expected people to ever comment on my layouts, either, so that alone was fun for me.

What put a gigantic grin on my face was that, unknown to me, my very first challenge submission got selected by Gennifer Bursett of Design House Digital as their Layout of the Week! Wow. Every notice is a huge compliment but this one is particularly an honor because its the first 'real' thing I've done and the site gets hundreds of uploads every week - and someone who runs the site picked my page. Its so cool! And the cherry on top, is that I get a $5 GC to the store. (Of course that will mean, I spend another $20 cuz I'll see sooo much I like. lol)

Of course, I had to grab the page to show it off- because I AM that much of a goober.
and the lovely things she says about my page.

Note: the word art and the frames were part of the Deena Rutter's kit (Scarborough Fair Heirloom), not of my creation, so the compliment completely goes to her, but still.... I'm thrilled.


So, my new mission is to pay it forward. I've been scanning sites and commenting on pages I like but not as much as I should - mostly because I was shy and didn't know what I was doing, so after I finish my chores today I'm going to go spread the love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!

Scrapbook Pages

www.flickr.com

Sample Text