Sunday, November 18

Lychee Martini

I love Halloween and along with all the decorations, appetizers and treats I came up with, I wanted to make a fun spooky cocktail.

It may be Fall but I concocted a refreshing Summer-perfect bevvie that was just as good as our signature Halloween cocktail - I named it Human Eye-ball Juice to be themed for our Halloween gathering. I got lots of raves but fair warning... it sneaks up on you! Here is the recipe - sans photo.

Lychee Nut Martini Cocktail (aka Human Eye-ball Juice)

One can of Lychee Nuts, including the liquid (available at Asian Markets)
2 cups simple syrup (recipe follows)
1-2 cups of vodka

Ice - if desired

In a pitcher mix the simple syrup with the vodka (at this point, I have to recommend Rain vodka - its little known and very smooth). I use more simple syrup and more vodka because I like to add ice and it dilutes it all. Pour in the entire can. Voila  - that's it.

Scoop out a lychee fruit to garnish each glass and add a sprig of mint if you like.


Simple Syrup
Bring equal parts sugar and water to boil until sugar dissolves. Once it cools, you can use it in your cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!

Scrapbook Pages

www.flickr.com

Sample Text